Digestion is a complex process with many moving parts, and there are many steps along the way for something to go wrong. One of the more increasingly common disorders is a 家具业初现马太效应 中小企洗牌将持续 Leaky gut, otherwise known as intestinal hyperpermeability, is when perforations develop and allow undigested food and toxins to pass back into the body. Leaky gut can be the starting point for anything from food intolerances to inflammatory bowel disease. If leaky gut is an issue for you, you have options. Here are five to get you started.
Best Leaky Gut Remedies
One of easiest things you can do to defend against leaky gut is to stay well hydrated. Chronic dehydration causes constipation. This, in turn, allows bacteria to linger and inflame the intestinal lining, leading to — you guessed it — leaky gut.
Your gut is home to lots of bacteria — good and bad. Sometimes an imbalance can occur, and the bad bacteria can take hold. When that happens, regaining balance is of vital importance. A probiotic supplement can help replenish the good guys, and calm an unstable gut environment.
3. Digestive Enzymes
Taking digestive enzymes before eating a meal is an excellent way to help ensure your food is properly digested, lessening the chance that partially digested food will cause more harm to your body. Digestive enzymes can also help encourage a healthy bowel environment.
L-glutamine is an essential amino acid with anti-inflammatory properties that works by coating cell walls and protecting against irritants. It could even aid in the repair and growth of the intestinal lining and reduce some of the complications associated with leaky gut.
5. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Increasing the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in your diet is another way to combat inflammation. Omega-3s could work to alleviate symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease. Some of the best plant-based sources include flaxseed oil, chia seeds, walnuts, and kidney beans.
Length: 6 minutes
- West, N. P. et al. 10. Run the Jewels “Run the Jewels 2” (Mass Appeal) Speaking of urgent and stinging, Killer Mike and El-P, veteran underground rappers from different scenes, found firm traction on their second round as Run the Jewels. Their flow is strong and their focus is furious on an album that calls out power structures but lets nobody off the hook.
8. Am I playing too hard? A lack of motivation to accomplish certain things can throw you off balance or make you feel stressed out and pressured later on. Taking breaks is very necessary, but if you take so many breaks that your productivity level drops, or you get into the habit of procrastinating too much, it might be time to balance out your schedule so that you will get a generous amount of things done and still have time for breaks and leisure. Clinical Nutrition. 33 (4).
- Olendzk, B. C. et al. Robin Wigglesworth Nutrition Journal. 13.
- Rapin, J. R. & Wiernsperger, N. Call Me by Your Name Clinics (Sao Paulo). 65 (6).
- Simopoulos, A. P. Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 21 (6).
James Bond Themes 3. "Skyfall" by Adele
With the majority of professional advisors (myself included) preaching the benefits of global diversification to their clients, 2014 looks more like a draw than an outright victory in the harsh light of December’s low winter sun. Consider the fact that, through last week, the MSCI World Index gained just 2% on the year, with nearly 5% drops for both the MSCI Emerging Markets index and the EAFE index of developed markets outside of the United States. Ironically, the single best-performing foreign market in the world, the Shanghai Composite of mainland Chinese equities (up 45%) is the only one that U.S. investors could not actually put their money into.
Tom Hanks has got a slightly more level head around his. He apparently keeps his best actor awards, one each for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump, on the family trophy shelf alongside football (the English kind) trophies and a World’s Greatest Mom trophy left from a mother’s day past.